If your card is not functioning as expected, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
- Your plastic card is not activated. (*Activation is not required for virtual cards.)
- Your card has expired.
- There are insufficient funds on your card to support your purchase, possibly due to a pre-authorization charge or an online purchase that exceeds the balance.
- The merchant does not accept prepaid cards. (Additional information below.)
Our Visa and Mastercard Prepaid Gift Cards are valid for use exclusively within the USA. They are widely accepted at locations that honor Visa or Mastercard debit cards. Use these cards just like a regular debit card. Virtual cards are designated for online use only.
Restrictions on Visa & Mastercard include, but are not limited to:
- Purchases outside of the United States
- ATM/Cash access
- Purchase of gift cards
- Online purchases exceeding the available balance on your card
- Some bill pay/subscription services